talk and talk

Talk everything you want

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Thought Of The Day

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:07 pm

"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success." -- Norman Vincent Peale

"Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don't go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won't laugh at you." -- Jim Rohn

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again." -- Og Mandino

"You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you." -- Barabra Sher

"Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself." -- Olga Korbut

"Power is the faculty or capacity to act, the strength and potency to accomplish something. It is the vital energy to make choices and decisions. It also includes the capacity to overcome deeply embedded habits and to cultivate higher, more effective ones." -- Stephen R. Covey

"Sow an act and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny." -- Charles Reade

"There are two types of habits:
ones which comfort us, and
ones which would be a comfort if we stopped." -- Catherine Pulsifer

Compassion is bringing our deepest truth into our actions, no matter how much the world seems to resist, because that is ultimately what we have to give to this world and one another. -- Ram Dass

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results." -- Herman Melville, American author
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:09 pm

The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good. -- Brian Tracy

"It's not what you are, but what you don't become that hurts." -- Oscar Levant, brilliant musician

There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day. -- Alexander Woollcott

"It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him." -- John Steinbeck, American author

"It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly." -- Isaac Asimov, American author

We need a renaissance of wonder. We need to renew, in our hearts and in our souls, the deathless dream, the eternal poetry, the perennial sense that life is miracle and magic. -- E. Merrill Root (1895-1973) American Writer

How rare and wonderful is that flash of a moment when we realize we have discovered a friend. -- William Rostler

Water is the only drink for a wise man. -- Henry David Thoreau

Culture is properly described as the love of perfection. -- Matthew Arnold

What a man is contributes much more to his happiness than what he has, or how he is regarded by others.
-- Arthur Schopenhauer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:12 pm

"The first step in the risk management process is to acknowledge the reality of risk. Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." -- Charles Tremper

"Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." -- T.S. Elliot

"In the long run, we get no more than we have been willing to risk giving."

"It seems that the necessary thing to do is not to fear mistakes, to plunge in, to do the best that one can, hoping to learn enough from blunders to correct them eventually." -- Abraham Maslow

"Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever." -- Horace Mann

"Lost wealth may be replaced by industry, lost knowledge by study, lost health by temperance or medicine, but lost time is gone forever." -- Samuel Smiles

"You can determine what your future holds based on how much time and energy you spend working on yourself now." -- Les Brown

"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week's value out of a year while another man gets a full year's value out of a week." -- Charles Richards

"One thing you can't recycle is wasted time. Lost time is never found again." -- Author Unknown, from The Road to Success is Always Under Construction
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:20 pm

"If you spend time getting ready to be perfect and do not start out to accomplish your dreams, you will find out later that you could have accomplished your dream if you had just acted." -- David DeNotaris

"How can we resent the life we've created for ourselves? Who's to blame, who's to credit, but us? Who can change it, any time we wish, but us?" -- Richard Bach

"But when you look at your life, the majority of your time is spent doing things you have to do or the majority of your time is spent doing what you want to do?" -- Catherine Pulsifer, from Wanna Do's

"God didn't have time to make a nobody, only a somebody. I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought to fruition." -- Mary Kay Ash

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." -- Earl Nightingale

“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nothing lowers the level of conversation more than raising the voice. -- Stanley Horowitz

"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." -- Audre Lord

The manner in which it is given is worth more than the gift.
-- Pierre Corneille (1606-1684) French Playwright

Get a life in which you are not alone. Find people you love, and who love you. And remember that love is not leisure, it is work. -- Anna Quindlen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:00 pm

Responsibility is the thing people dread most of all. Yet it is the one thing in the world that develops us, gives us man hood or womanhood fibre. -- Dr. Frank Crane

You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jelly beans. -- Ronald Reagan

Reputation is the shell a man discards when he leaves life for immortality. His character he takes with him.

Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing, and only character endures.
-- Horace Greeley

Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest. -- Mark Twain

Die when I may, I want it said by those who knew me best that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow. -- Abraham Lincoln

Character is a subtle thing. Its sources are obscure, its roots delicate and invisible. We know it when we see it and it always commands our admiration, and the absence of it our pity; but it is largely a matter of will. -- Leo J. Muir

If it ever came to a choice between compromising my moral principles and the performance of my duties, I know I'd go with my moral principles.

Man is not the sum of what he has but the totality of what he does not yet have, of what he might have. -- Jean-Paul Sartre

Not a day passes over the earth, but men and women of no note do great deeds, speak great words and suffer noble sorrows. -- Charles Reade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:26 pm

The power of the word is real whether or not you are conscious of it. Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams you want to realize. Behind every word flows energy. -- Sonia Choquette

Stress, in addition to being itself and the result of itself, is also the cause of itself. -- Hans Selye

We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. -- James Baldwin

If you can laugh at it, you can live with it. -- Erma Bombeck

"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody."
-- Lily Tomlin, American comedian

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things." -- Katharine Graham, publisher of The Washington Post

"Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life — learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some." -- Robert Fulghum, American author

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -- Anais Nin

Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea. It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does something about it that makes a difference. -- Nolan Bushnell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:09 pm

"Habit is a man's sole comfort. We dislike doing without even unpleasant things to which we have become accustomed." -- Goethe

"Winning is not a sometime thing: it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do the right thing once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." -- Vince Lombardi

"Today, many will choose to free themselves from the personal imprisonment of their bad habits. Why not you?"
-- Steve Maraboli, from Why Not You?

"As long as habit and routine dictate the pattern of living, new dimensions of the soul will not emerge." -- Henry van Dyke

"The unfortunate thing about this world is that the good habits are much easier to give up than the bad ones."
-- W. Somerset Maugham

"I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time." -- Charles Dickens

"Bad habits are like a comfortable bed,
easy to get into, but hard to get out of."

"When any fit of gloominess, or perversion of mind, lays hold upon you, make it a rule not to publish it by complaints." -- Samuel Johnson

"When you consistently maintain a positive frame of mind, you'll become known as a problem-solver rather than a complainer. People avoid complainers. They seek out problem-solvers."
-- Joseph Sommerville, PhD

"When a person finds themselves predisposed to complaining about how little they are regarded by others, let them reflect how little they have contributed to the happiness of others."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:34 pm

I think laughter may be a form of courage. As humans we sometimes stand tall and look into the sun and laugh, and I think we are never more brave than when we do that. -- Linda Ellerbee (1944- ) American Journalist

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." -- Vincent Lombardi, American football coach

Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. -- George Sand

Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it is only good for wallowing in. -- Katherine Mansfield

We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. -- Jim Rohn

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." -- Lady Dorothy Nevill, noted British gardener

There is no point at which you can say, 'Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap.' -- Carrie Fisher

"Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or by the handle."
-- James Russell Lowell, American poet, diplomat & ambassador to Spain & Britain

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.
-- Malcolm Forbes (1919-1990) American Publisher

"If we wait for the moment when everything is ready, we shall never begin." -- Ivan Turgenev, Russian novelist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:31 am

It ain't bragging if you can do it. -- Dizzy Dean

A good example is the best sermon. -- English Proverb

Few things are harder to put up with than a good example. -- Mark Twain

Example is the best precept. -- Aesop

Example has more followers than reason. -- Christian Nevell Bovee

Sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence. -- George F. Will

None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing. -- Benjamin Franklin

Advice maybe wrong, but examples prove themselves. -- Henry Wheeler Shaw

"What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it." -- Author Unknown, from A New Day

"Each day is a gift." -- Author Unknown, Title of the Story, Each Day is a Gift
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:03 pm

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive -- to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -- Marcus Aurelius

"Will someone else's life be brighter tomorrow because of what you have done today?" -- William Arthur Ward

"Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time." -- Author Unknown, from Two Days We Should Not Worry

"Our greatest challenge-our greatest opportunity-is found in these words: 'Choose ye this day....'." -- William Arthur Ward

"Cherish each hour of this day for it can never return." -- Og Mandino

"Life is a gift we're given each and every day.
Dream about tomorrow, but live for today." -- Author Unknown, from LIFE IS FOR LIVING

"The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or whom we know, but by WHO WE ARE." -- Author Unknown from OUR LIVES IN MONEY

"Every day is a good day to examine our prime-time priorities." -- William Arthur Ward

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow."

"…but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute…look at it and really see it…live it…and never give it back." -- Erma Bombeck from ERMA'S ANGEL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:07 pm

"When I was a young man I observed than nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn’t want to be a failure, so I did ten times more work." -- George Bernard Shaw

"In every single thing you do, you are choosing a direction. Your life is a product of choices."
-- Dr. Kathleen Hall, from Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"You came empty on earth, why overloaded now, where all your choices absolutely correct, is never too late to reconsider them?" -- William Ngwako Maphoto

"Every choice you make has an end result." -- Zig Ziglar

"Life is a choice - as is how you handle the pitfalls along its bumpy road."
-- Julie Donner Andersen, from What My Widowed Husband Has Taught Me

"The reason man may become the master of his own destiny is because he has the power to influence his own subconscious mind." -- Napoleon Hill

"Your attitudes and the choices you make today will be your life tomorrow, build it wisely."
-- Author Unknown, from Life is a Do-It-Yourself Project

"It is about choices we make. And how the direction of our lives comes down to the choices we choose." -- Catherine Pulsifer, from the book review, one

"I discovered I always have choices and sometimes it's only a choice of attitude."
-- Judith M. Knowlton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:10 pm

"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." -- Theodore Roosevelt

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them." -- Denis Waitley

"We are partners by fate. We become friends by choice." -- Jacquie McTaggart

"Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality." -- Les Brown

"All my life, whenever it comes time to make a decision, I make it and forget about it."
-- Harry S. Truman

If a man be gracious to strangers, it shows that he is a citizen of the world, and his heart is no island, cut off from other islands, but a continent that joins them. -- Francis Bacon

Anger is never without a reason, but seldom a good one. -- Benjamin Franklin

One today is worth two tomorrows; never leave till tomorrow what you can do today!
-- Benjamin Franklin

Stress, in addition to being itself and the result of itself, is also the cause of itself. -- Hans Selye

The great secret of a successful marriage is to treat all disasters as incidents and none of the incidents as disasters. -- Sir Harold Nicolson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:47 pm

"For every failure, there's an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour." -- Mary Kay Ash

"Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -- Thomas Edison

"Results! Why, man I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work."
-- Thomas Edison

"If you accept failure as an opportunity to learn, it will change your whole perspective."
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from My Story

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you don't accept failure as a possibility, you don't set high goals, you don't branch out, you don't try -- you don't take the risk." -- Rosalynn Carter

“There is the greatest practical benefit in making a few failures early in life.” -- T.H. Huxley

"A minute's success pays the failure of years." -- Robert Browning

"Indecision and delays are the parents of failure." -- George Canning

"There is no failure except in no longer trying." -- Elbert Hubbard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:53 pm

"Failure leaves open a door for us to try, and try again." -- Robert M. Hensel

"Success doesn't mean the absence of failures; it means the attainment of ultimate objectives."
-- Edwin Bliss

"Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped." -- African Proverb

"I wasn't afraid to fail. Something good always comes out of failure." -- Anne Baxter

"The greatest failure is the failure to try." -- William Arthur Ward

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." -- Sir Winston Churchill

"It is no sin to attempt and fail. The only sin is not to make the attempt." -- SueEllen Fried

"An inventor fails 999 times, and if he succeeds once, he's in. He treats his failures simply as practice shots." -- Charles F. Kettering

“Failure is more frequently from want of energy than want of capital.” -- Daniel Webster

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." -- Henry Ford
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:59 pm

"Keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." -- Roger W. Babson

"I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate." -- George Burns

"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure." -- Norman Vincent Peale

"Many people dream of success. To me, success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection." -- Soichiro Honda

"Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses."
-- George Washington Carver

"I've never been afraid to fail.” -- Michael Jordan

"It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up again." -- Vince Lombardi

"Failure is an event, never a person; an attitude, not an outcome." -- Zig Ziglar

“Action is the antidote to despair." -- Joan Baez

"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. The third is to be kind." -- Henry James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:48 pm

Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable are the kind who do nothing. -- William Feather

"The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on." -- Julia Alvarez

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else." -- Judy Garland

The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed.
-- Nelson Boswell

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. -- Chinese proverb

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. -- Jack London

"Become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid." -- Lady Bird Johnson

Being considerate of others will take your children further in life than any college degree.
-- Marian Wright Edelman

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. -- Napoleon Hill

Etiquette means behaving yourself a little better than is absolutely essential. -- Will Cuppy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:56 pm

"Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it." -- Madeleine L'Engle

"When you have to make a choice and don’t make it, that in itself is a choice." -- William James

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." -- Henry Ford

"Your attitude can take you forward or your attitude can take you down. The choice is always yours!" -- Catherine Pulsifer

"It is always your next move." -- Napoleon Hill

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude." -- William James (1842 - 1910)

"What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life."
-- Leo Buscaglia

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." -- William Jennings Bryan

"We design our lives through the power of choices." -- Richard Bach

"A good scare is worth more to a man than good advice." -- Edgar Watson Howe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:58 pm

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

"We cannot do everything at once but we can do something at once." -- Calvin Coolidge

I like the dreams for the future better than the history of the past. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Do not fear mistakes, there are none." -- Miles Davis

We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
-- Bill Gates

Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
-- Thich Nhat Hanh

"Instinct is the nose of the mind." -- Delphine Gay de Girardin

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, but only saps today of its strength." -- A. J. Cronin

True healing has more to do with listening and unconditional love than fixing people.
-- Gerald Jampolsky + Diane V. Cirincione

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:19 pm

I don't like work... but I like what is in work -- the chance to find yourself. Your own reality -- for yourself, not for others -- which no other man can ever know. -- Joseph Conrad

"It is never safe to look into the future with eyes of fear." -- Edward Henry Harriman

Kindness is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. -- Henri – Frederic Amiel

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity into smiles. -- Washington Irving

Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind. -- Eric Hoffer

Man is honored for his wisdom, loved for his kindness. -- S. Cohen

The first virtue of all really great men is that they are sincere. They eradicate hypocrisy from their hearts. -- Anatole France

Tolerance and celebration of individual differences is the fire that fuels lasting love. -- Tom Hannah

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. -- Helen Keller

Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families and nations. -- Paramahansa Yogananda
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:27 am

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself."
-- Aldous Huxley

"Every really new idea looks crazy at first." -- Alfred North Whitehead

"Often times the only change people like is when the change makes a noise in their pocket."

"Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune." -- William James

"The absurd man is he who never changes." -- Augeste Barthélemy

"He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery." -- Harold Wilson

"Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better." -- G. C. Lichtenberg

"All is flux; nothing stays still." -- Heraclitus

"Weep not that the world changes -- did it keep a stable, changeless state, it were a cause indeed to weep."
-- William Cullen Bryant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:30 am

"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order." -- Alfred North Whitehead

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell

"The absurd man is he who never changes." -- Auguste Barthelemy

"You have to stop to change direction." -- Eric Fromm

"There is nothing permanent except change." -- Heraclitus

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living." -- Gail Sheehy

"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning." -- Ivy Baker Priest

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy

"Everything changes but change." -- Zangwill

"We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing." -- R. D. Laing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:31 am

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference." -- Reinhold Niebuhr

"What one thing would you change about your life? People always have an answer for what would make their life better." -- What Would You Change?

"Wisdom is unchanging! Information and ideas, technology and techniques, practices and habits, fashions and perceptions change frequently, but the wisdom of the 17th or 18th century is still wisdom in the 21st century and will still be wisdom in the 23rd century. If it changes, it wasn't wisdom. Wisdom is unchanging and timeless."
-- contributed by: Brian D. Kennedy

"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses." -- C. G. Jung

"Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future."
-- John F.Kennedy

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." -- Confucius

"Life is easy, change is easy, and everything is easy. If only this was true." -- The Greeting Card That Woke Me Up

"It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear . . . . It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to."
-- Marilyn Ferguson

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
-- George Bernard Shaw

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
-- Margaret Mead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:37 am

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars. -- Les Brown

It is not work that kills men; it is worry. Worry is rust upon the blade. -- Henry Ward Beecher

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most people want to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch.
-- Robert Orben

"Choices are the hinges of destiny." -- Pythagoras

Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. -- Paul Boese

The man who can't dance thinks the band is no good. -- Polish Proverb

Faith is not a cushion for me to fall back upon; it is my working energy. -- Helen Keller

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) French Philosopher

"Character is what we are when we are alone and in the dark." -- M.K. Soni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:42 am

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." -- Martin Luther King, Jr

"Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us." -- Thomas Paine

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." -- Albert Einstein

"The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty." -- Zig Ziglar

"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." -- Napoleon Hill

"Character is the ability to follow through on a resolution long after the emotion with which it was made has passed." -- Brian Tracy

"The way a man plays a game shows some of his character.
The way he loses shows all of it."

"You can not dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."
-- James A. Froude

"No man can climb out beyond the limitations of his own character." -- John Morley

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:46 am

"If you must begin then go all the way, because if you begin and quit, the unfinished business you have left behind begins to haunt you all the time." -- Chogyam Trungpa

"I had no shoes and complained, until I met a man who had no feet." -- Indian Proverb

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." -- Maya Angelou

"Don't complain because you don't have. Enjoy what you've got." -- H. Stanley Judd

"Maturity is the ability to reap without apology and not complain when things don't go well."
-- Jim Rohn

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."
-- Ziggy

"Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter." -- Fred Propp Jr.

"If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it." -- Anthony J. D'Angelo

"We can choose to look forward to the day, or we can choose to moan and complain. It's your choice!" -- Catherine Pulsifer, from Happiness Is Not The Absence of Problems

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -- William Arthur Ward
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   

Back to top Go down

Thought Of The Day
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next