talk and talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
talk and talk

Talk everything you want

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought Of The Day

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 11:41 am

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." -- Danny Kaye

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -- Albert Einstein

"More importantly, the process of goal setting has helped me to focus not on what someone else thought I should do or be, but instead, on what I wanted to accomplish with my life. It can do the same." -- Catherine Pulsifer
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 9:20 pm

"Life reflects your own thoughts back to you." -- Napoleon Hill

"The true test in life does not occur when all is going well. The true test takes place when we are faced with challenges." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Life is a gift we're given each and every day. Dream about tomorrow, but live for today."
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2006 8:43 pm

"Often, the most extraordinary opportunities are hidden among the seemingly insignificant events of life. If we do not pay attention to these events, we can easily miss the opportunities." -- Jim Rohn

"Life's most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?" -- Martin Luther King, Jr

"Life has no limitations, except the ones you make." -- Les Brown
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2006 1:16 pm

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

"Life though, is full of compensations and I have been well blessed throughout my 'Life Journey' with good friends met and made along the way. Life is a kind of swings and roundabouts situation; if you can't kick a football you turn to other pursuits." -- John McLeod

Life, sometimes so wearying
Is worth its weight in gold
The experience of traveling
Lends a wisdom that is old. -- John McLeod
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2006 8:10 pm

"In Life We Can Have Results or Reasons." -- Harald Anderson

"Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying."

"Life is a dream, to be realized." -- M. K. Soni
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2006 9:54 pm

"Laugh and your life will be lengthened for this is the great secret of long life."
-- Og Mandino

"Today is life -- the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto." -- Dale Carnegie

"Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you're alive, it isn't."
-- Richard Bach
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2006 9:36 am

"Things could be a lot worse, the stress of the situation always could be worse, but I am alive and I have a lot to be thankful for - so I shall not waste my days with stress and frustrations - Life is too short!" -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Attitude and ability are complementary to each other for success in life."
-- M. K. Soni

"Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happines that you had thought could never be yours." -- Dale Carnegie
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2006 4:55 am

"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with." -- Brian Tracy

"As you grew, no matter what happened we looked at the sunny side of life. As you leave take with you the wisdom to focus on the "good" in life!” -- Catherine & Byron Pulsifer

"Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again." -- Og Mandino
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2006 4:23 am

"Life is a game and your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to play fully." -- Wendy Hearn

"He kept the dent to remind him not to go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at him to get his attention."

"Remember those ships that pass through your day, touching your life just once, sending you into a better direction than your life was headed." -- Michelle C. Ustaszeski
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2006 10:02 am

"Have you ever wondered how some of the worst things that happen in your life turn out to be some of the best experiences you've ever had?" -- Dean Pennicott

"Life can knock us down flat. It's our measure of resilience that determines whether or not we'll keep dreaming and reaching for our dreams." -- Sharon Cook & Graciela Sholander

"I gave my life to become the person I am right now. Was it worth it?" -- Richard Bach
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2006 11:24 am

"The best things in life are yours, if you can appreciate them." -- Dale Carnegie

"I believe that nothing in life is unimportant every moment can be a beginning.” -- John McLeod

"If you accept what has happened and search for the positive, you will be able to move forward in your life." -- Catherine Pulsifer
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2006 12:54 pm

"My father taught me that one of the most important abilities in life is to be able to take the pain and persevere, and for years this lesson had served me well." -- Yanni

"If you resist change, you will face challenges on a daily basis. If you consciously refocus your attitude to see the benefits of change, your outlook becomes positive and life becomes easier." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Goals have made a tremendous difference in my life. They have allowed me to achieve success, and to accomplish what I had previously only dreamed of, or wished for." -- Catherine Pulsifer
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2006 4:51 am

"Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture.....Do not build up obstacles in your imagination." -- Norman Vincent Peale

"First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination." -- Napoleon Hill

"For imagination sets the goal "picture" which our automatic mechanism works on. We act, or fail to act, not because of "will," as is so commonly believed, but because of imagination."
-- Maxwell Maltz
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 05, 2006 10:46 am

All I would tell people is to hold onto what was individual about themselves, not to allow their ambition for success to cause them to try to imitate the success of others. You've got to find it on your own terms. -- Harrison Ford

Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance. -- Brian Tram

Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. -- Helen Keller
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2006 11:19 am

When your body mind and soul are healthy and harmonious, you will bring health and harmony to those around you and health and harmony to the world not by withdrawing from the world but by being a healthy living organ of the body of humanity. -- B.K.S. Iyengar

The life of the individual only has meaning insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful. Life is sacred that is to say, it is the supreme value to which all other values are subordinate. -- Albert Einstein

"Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: hard work — and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't."
-- Lucille Ball
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 10:22 am

I think I'd like to be remembered as someone who beat the odds through just plain determination. ... that I persevered. Because I think that being somewhat of a pest to life, constantly plaguing and pursuing, will bring results. -- Sylvester Stallone

"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."
-- Vince Lombardi

The bigger meaning of healing is a 'wholing,' a filling out of the missing pieces of a person's life. Sometimes this may even mean facing death in a more fully realized way. Certainly it is an opportunity to come more deeply and fully into life. -- Patricia Reis

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 8:03 pm

All high achievers plan their work and work their plan, for they are keenly aware that "luck" is most often being prepared to take advantage of a situation.

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." -- Lin Yutang

Kindly words, sympathizing attentions, watchfulness against wounding men's sensitiveness--these cost very little, but they are priceless in their value. -- F.W. Robertson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 8:13 pm

"The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain - he is inspired by it. The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem - he is challenged by it. Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved. It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills."
-- William Arthur Ward

"Remember, always give your best.
Never get discouraged. Never be petty.
Always remember, others may hate you.
But those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.
And then you destroy yourself."
-- Richard Nixon

"Thousands of successful people did not achieve success on their first try, but they were not discouraged. They picked themselves up and went back at it with an even stronger, single minded tenacity to achieve their goal." -- Catherine Pulsifer
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2006 7:05 am

"One of the major reasons why people are not doing well is because they keep trying to get through the day. A more worthy challenge is to try to get from the day." -- Jim Rohn

"Everyone can think of the one thing that would make life better for them. But people are not so quick to answer the second question: 'What are you doing to make that change come true'." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Most of us are trying to balance work, home, and a family life. We tend not to accept the early symptoms of burnout and carry on our daily lives." -- Yasmeen Abdur-Rahman
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 12:43 pm

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past. I can't go on well in life until I let go of my past failures & heartaches.

"Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity." -- W. Clement Stone
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 9:15 pm

"Good fortune does not happen because of luck. When someone gets a promotion, some people see this as luck. If they took a closer look, however, they would soon recognize how much harder successful people have worked, how much effort they've given, and how much dedication and commitment they've demonstrated in order to go that extra mile."
-- Catherine Pulsifer

"Never again clutter your days or nights with so many menial and unimportant things that you have no time to accept a real challenge when it comes along. This applies to play as well as work. A day merely survived is no cause for celebration. You are not here to fritter away your precious hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much by making a slight change in your routine. No more busy work. No more hiding from success. Leave time, leave space, to grow. Now. Now! Not tomorrow!" -- Og Mandino

"A team based environment demands that you make responsible decisions; it requires you to take charge of your career. It requires you to develop excellent interpersonal skills because you have to interact at a much different level with your team members. No longer is it just you and your job!" -- Catherine Pulsifer
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 10:20 am

Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody. -- Longfellow

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -- Aristotle

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2006 5:18 pm

"Today, I will do one small task that will contribute toward the achievement of a life goal." -- Karen Casey

"At times, it is difficult to keep a proper balance in our lives. But, over time, an improper balance will lead to problems." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"I would suggest that the quality of one's life is dependant on feeling one's essence, and living the design that is you." -- Charlie Badenhop
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 8:17 pm

"Whatever the problem we have in our life, someone has faced it and overcome it.” -- David DeNotaris

"Life tells you nothing, it shows you everything." -- Richard Bach

"The greatest results in life are usually attained by simple means, and the exercise of ordinary qualities." -- Samuel Smiles
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 6:51 pm

"Being curious about life, its people and its mysteries, shows the capacity for learning." -- Steve Brunkhorst

"What we hope ever to do with ease we may learn first to do with diligence." -- Samuel Johnson

Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought Of The Day
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next