talk and talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
talk and talk

Talk everything you want

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought Of The Day

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. -- Richard L Evans

Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.

Happiness is different from pleasure. Happiness has something to do with struggling and enduring and accomplishing. -- George Sheehan
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Especially for Merdeka Day :)   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 am

Jika kita mahu terus merdeka, kita perlu kuat sama ada dalam ekonomi atau politik dan kita bertanggungjawab kepada bangsa terutama generasi akan datang. -- Dato' Seri Abdullah bin Haji Ahmad Badawi

Nasionalisme inilah yang melahirkan kemerdekaan negara - nasionalisme yang tidak angkuh. Sebaiknya nasionalisme yang menjunjung tinggi maruah dan kehormatan bangsa. -- Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad

Jangan tanya apa yang dibuat oleh negara untukmu, tetapi tanyalah apa yang boleh kamu buat untuk negara. -- Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2006 2:57 pm

Good word!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://unitalk.editboard.com
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 7:13 pm

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Giving is the secret of a healthy life. Not necessarily money, but whatever a person has of encouragement, sympathy and understanding. -- John D. Rockefeller, Jr.

Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2006 1:20 am

Only those who dare to fail greatly can achieve greatly. -- Robert F. Kennedy

The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be.
-- Socrates (469-399 BC) Greek Philosopher

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." -- Henry Van Dyke
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2006-08-24

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2006 12:27 am

Hi,

Arabella, TQ for you to write a lot to this room. gambatei!!!!! May god bless you.
Back to top Go down
https://unitalk.editboard.com
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 9:10 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi,

Arabella, TQ for you to write a lot to this room. gambatei!!!!! May god bless you.

You're welcome Very Happy It's my pleasure Smile
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2006 9:13 pm

Nothing should be prized more highly than the value of each day. -- Johann von Goethe

"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: Try to please everybody all the time." -- Herbert Bayard Swope

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold." -- Leo Tolstoy
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2006 8:47 am

"Waste no more time talking about great souls and how they should be. Become one yourself!"
-- Marcus Aurelius

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.
-- Christopher Darlington Morley (1890-1957)

The important thing is to learn a lesson every time you lose. -- John McEnroe
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 8:34 am

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. -- Aristotle

It is a glorious achievement to master one's own temper.

"All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail." -- Dorothea Brande
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 9:45 am

I've never stayed awake at night over a chance I took that failed, but I've stayed awake over chances I didn't take. -- Garth Brooks

Good manners will often take people where neither money nor education will take them.
-- Fanny Jackson Coppin

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made. -- Henry B. Wilson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2006 7:36 am

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -- Annie Dillard

Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow. -- Alice Mackenzie Swaim

"Just don't give up on trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." -- Ella Fitzgerald
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 8:06 am

Decide on what you think is right, and stick to it. -- George Eliot (1819-1880) English Novelist

"Laughter is the closest distance between two people." -- Victor Borge

Courage is the greatest of all the virtues. Because if you haven't courage, you may not have an opportunity to use any of the others. -- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) English Author
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 10:56 pm

"Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure." -- Norman Vincent Peale

"Many people dream of success. To me, success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection." -- Soichiro Honda

"Success doesn't mean the absence of failures; it means the attainment of ultimate objectives." -- Edwin Bliss
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2006 11:16 pm

"Failure is an event, never a person; an attitude, not an outcome." -- Zig Ziglar

"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space." -- Johnny Cash

"Failure leaves open a door for us to try, and try again." -- Robert M. Hensel

Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2006 6:41 pm

"Keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." -- Roger W. Babson

"The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail." -- Napoleon Hill

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." -- Sir Winston Churchill
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2006 10:19 pm

Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him.
-- Aldous Huxley

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." -- Lao-Tzu

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. -- Abraham Maslow
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2006 8:49 am

"An easy life doesn't teach us anything. In the end it's learning that matters what we've learned and how we've grown." -- Richard Bach

What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies." -- Ann Landers
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2006 8:30 pm

"What we hope ever to do with ease we may learn first to do with diligence." -- Samuel Johnson

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." -- Helen Keller
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2006 6:20 am

"You don't get in life what you want; you get in life what you are." -- Les Brown

"There are just some things that make life important, like people we know who are special.....and so, we keep them close!" -- Author Unknown, from Your Keepers

"Don't let others change your life, be your own change agent and implement the changes you want! And if an unexpected change occurs in your life, find the positive in it." -- Catherine Pulsifer, from CHANGE

Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2006 9:21 am

"Seek who you are and what you can do to better yourself and to better all that come into your life." -- M. Lee

"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them." -- Denis Waitley
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2006 5:41 pm

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill

"Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor." -- Truman Capote

"Courage is the human virtue that counts most — courage to act on limited knowledge and insufficient evidence. That's all any of us have." -- Robert Frost
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2006 2:45 pm

"Failure is an event, never a person; an attitude, not an outcome." -- Zig Ziglar

Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. -- Carol Burnett

Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances. -- Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2006 5:42 am

"Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road." -- Dag Hammarskjöld

Remember that if the opportunities for great deeds should never come, the opportunities for good deeds are renewed day by day. The thing for us to long for is the goodness, not the glory. -- F.W. Faber

Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. -- Charles Dickens (1812-1870) English Novelist

Back to top Go down
Arabella

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2006 4:06 pm

Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets, then can come the best of benedictions: "If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same. -- Joan McIntosh

"Live in the active voice, rather than passive. Think more about what you happen than what is happening to you." -- William de Witt Hyde, from Grammar

"Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still." -- Lou Erickson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thought Of The Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought Of The Day
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next