talk and talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
talk and talk

Talk everything you want

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought Of The Day

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 8:48 pm

This time I'll send out 10 quotes per post okay!! Enjoy!!!

"Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top." -- Joseph Smith, Jr.

"Try to do unto others as you would have them do to you, and do not be discouraged if they fail sometimes. It is much better that they should fail than you should." -- Charles Dickens

The great thing and the hard thing is to stick to things when you have outlived the first interest, and not yet got the second, which comes with a sort of mastery. -- Janet Erskine Stuart

The power of the word is real whether or not you are conscious of it. Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams you want to realize. Behind every word flows energy.
-- Sonia Choquette

"Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about."
-- Earl Nightingale

"I don't know anything of luck. I've never banked on it, and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else; hard work and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't." -- Lucille Ball

"Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well as now." -- P. T. Barnum

"Whenever it is in any way possible, every boy and girl should choose as his life work some occupation which he should like to do anyhow, even if he did not need the money."
-- Irish Blessing

Not the owner of many possessions will you be right to call happy: he more rightly deserves the name of happy who knows how to use the Gods' gifts wisely and to put up with rough poverty, and who fears dishonor more than death. -- Horace (65-8 BC) Roman Poet

"Welcome every morning with a smile.
Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator,
Another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday." -- Og Mandino
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 8:22 pm

Not a day passes over this earth but men and women of note do great deeds, speak great words and suffer noble sorrows. -- Charles Reed

True beauty emanates from a selfless heart. -- Cristina Munoz

Kindness is like sugar, it makes life taste a little sweeter. -- Carla Yerovi

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose. -- Hadia Bejar

Don’t wait for people to be kind, show them how.

There is a wonderful, mystical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life – happiness, freedom, and peace of mind – are always attained by giving them to someone else.

Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. -- William James

If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain. -- Maya Angelou

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. -- Chinese Proverb

Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself. -- Chinese Proverb
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 pm

If there is something to pardon in everything, there is also something to condemn. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"We arrive at the truth, not by the reason only, but also by the heart." -- Blaise Pascal

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. -- Arnold H. Glasow

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
-- Pamela Vault Starr

Imagination is stronger than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world.
-- Albert Einstein

Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions. -- Albert Einstein

It is better to laugh about your problems than to cry about them. -- Albert Einstein

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein

The important thing is not to stop questioning. -- Albert Einstein

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
-- Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 3:47 pm

There’s something wonderfully rewarding in being part of an effort that does make a difference.
-- Brian O’Connell

Joy is not in things; it is in us. -- Richard Wagner

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do. -- Helen Keller

Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt. -- Motto of the Special Olympics

"Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash." -- George S. Patton

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects. -- Arthur Glasgow

Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. -- Annette Funicello

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time." -- Anna Freud

We wildly underestimate the power of the tiniest personal touch of kindness.

The best portion of a good man's life: his little, nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love. -- William Wordsworth
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness. -- Seneca

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. -- Oscar Wilde

Without the rich heart, wealth is an ugly beggar. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much, and most of all yourself. -- A. Neilen

Our real duty is always found running in the direction of our worthiest desires.
-- Randolph S. Bourne

"Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits." -- Thomas A. Edison

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-- Christopher Robin to Pooh

Every gift, though it be small, is in reality great if given with affection. -- Pindar

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-- Albert Einstein

Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must first be overcome.
-- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:42 am

The only nice thing about being imperfect is the joy it brings to others. -- Doug Larson

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.
-- M.K. Fisher

If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent. -- Isaac Newton

Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching. -- Thomas Jefferson

He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.
-- Epictetus

The more I think about it, the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others.
-- Vincent Van Gogh

"Luck is the by-product of busting your fanny." -- Don Sutton

Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you'll find it there. -- Robb Sagendorph

Choices are the hinges of destiny. -- Edwin Markham

The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions.
-- William F. Scolavino
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 11:25 am

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" -- Charles Dickens

"What is important is to keep learning, to enjoy challenge, and to tolerate ambiguity. In the end there are no certain answers." -- Matina Horner

Kindness is tenderness. Kindness is love…Kindness is good will. Kindness says, I want you to be happy. -- Randolph Ray

"Calm self-confidence is as far from conceit as the desire to earn a decent living is remote from greed." -- Channing Pollack

Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better. -- Sydney J. Harris

"You can work hard, you can have excellent educational credentials, but how many points would your attitude score?" -- Catherine Pulsifer

"People who never do any more than they get paid for, never get paid for any more than they do."
-- Elbert Hubbard

"The fellow who doesn't need a boss is often selected to be one." -- Christopher Morley

"The world is full of willing people; some willing to work, the rest willing to let them." -- Robert Frost

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-- Thomas Edison
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:52 am

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood." -- Marie Curie

Courage is grace under pressure. -- Ernest Hemingway

A prudent man will think more important what fate has conceded to him, than what it has denied.
-- Baltasar Gracian

"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand." -- Baruch Spinoza

"Nearly every man who develops an idea works at it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged." -- Thomas Edison

"Every seed knows its time- all in good time." -- Russian Proverb

"There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying." -- John Burroughs

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself." -- Lucille Ball

Slight not what is near though aiming at what is far. -- Euripides
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 9:12 am

"Despise not small things, either for evil or good, for a look may work thy ruin, or a word create thy wealth. A spark is a little thing, yet it may kindle the world."
-- Martin Farquhar Tupper

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant. -- Horace (65-8 BC) Roman Poet

Maturity is the ability to do a job whether or not you are supervised, to carry money without spending it, and to bear an injustice without wanting to get even. -- Ann Landers

"Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. They're what make the instrument stretch -- what makes you go beyond the norm."
-- Cicely Tyson

When hope is not pinned wriggling onto a shiny image or expectation, it sometimes floats forth and opens like one of those fluted Japanese blossoms, flimsy and spastic, bright and warm. This almost always seems to happen in community. -- Annie Lamott

"But when you look at your life, the majority of your time is spent doing things you have to do or the majority of your time is spent doing what you want to do?" -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." -- Earl Nightingale

"Yesterday is long gone, and there are no guarantees we will see tomorrow. Today is what we have and how we use it determines our appreciation of time." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Every one has the gift of time, but few utilise." -- M. K. Soni

"How can we resent the life we've created for ourselves? Who's to blame, who's to credit, but us? Who can change it, any time we wish, but us?" -- Richard Bach
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 10:55 pm

Why should I? When somebody insulted Caruso, did he sing an aria for them? - Explaining why he did not hit a motorist after the latter abused him following an accident.
-- Joe Louis (1914-1981) American Heavyweight Boxer

"When thinking won't cure fear, action will." -- William Clement Stone

From long familiarity, we know what honor is. It is what enables the individual to do right in the face of complacency and cowardice. It is what enables the soldier to die alone, the political prisoner to resist, the singer to sing her song, hardly appreciated, on a side street.
-- Mark Helprin (American Novelist and Writer)

Genuine security arises from actual, first-hand knowledge that one is both capable and worthy of achieving happiness (through conscious, responsible action) and, once having attained it, that he deserves it. -- Michael J. Hurd (American Motivational Speaker)

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. -- William Gladstone

"I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, after all, to matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all." -- Leo Rosten, Polish-American academic and author

Keep the faculty of effort alive in you by a little gratuitous exercise every day. -- William James

"The great challenge of adulthood is holding on to your idealism after you lose your innocence."
-- Bruce Springsteen, American rock star

Problems are only opportunities in work clothes. -- Henry J Kaiser

Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him. -- Epictetus (55-135 AD) Greek Philosopher
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 11:01 pm

Perhaps it would be a good idea, fantastic as it sounds, to muffle every telephone, stop every motor and halt all activity for an hour some day to give people a chance to ponder for a few minutes on what it is all about, why they are living, and what they really want. -- James Truslow

"There is a sense of exhilaration that comes from facing head-on the hard truths and saying, 'We will never give up. We will never capitulate. It might take a long time, but we will find a way to prevail.'" -- Jim Collins

Instead of always harping on a man's faults, tell him of his virtues. Try to pull him out of his rut of bad habits. Hold up to him his better self, his real self that can dare and do and win out. -- Eleanor Porter

"What motivates you to change, to take action? Those who wait to take action until they find themselves in a desperate situation face more difficulties than they need to."
-- Catherine Pulsifer

"I think there is something, more important than believing: Action! The world is full of dreamers, there aren't enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision." -- W. Clement Stone

"Speaking from my personal experiences, setting goals, along with a detailed action plan, has actually changed my life from one cast in frustration to one of purpose."
-- Catherine Pulsifer

"Sometimes our actions are much more meaningful than words. A hug can sometimes express more than our words will ever express. Sometimes, just being there to listen is more meaningful and helpful to people." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Do a deed of simple kindness;
Though its end you may not see,
It may reach, like widening ripples,
Down a long eternity." -- Joseph Norris

"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things,
in which smiles, and kindnesses, and small obligations,
given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort." -- Humphrey Davy

"The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude;
be kind, but not weak;
be bold, but not bully;
be thoughtful, but not lazy;
be humble, but not timid;
be proud, but not arrogant;
have humor, but without folly." -- Jim Rohn
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 5:59 am

Begin with praise and honest appreciation. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders...Make the fault easy to correct. Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest. -- Dale Carnegie

The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. -- Charles Swindoll

I have searched for many years for the definition of Success, in the context of leading a successful life. It turns out that there are as many definitions as there are seekers and that success lies as much in the attempt as in the achievement.

What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love . . . Give it the best there is in you . . . Seize your opportunities And be a member of the team. In no country but America, I believe, is it possible to fulfill all four of these requirements. -- Benjamin F. Fairless

Success is not measured by what you accomplish but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.
-- Orison Swett Marden

My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success. -- Helen Hayes

Only if you reach the boundary will the boundary recede before you. And if you don't, if you confine your efforts, the boundary will shrink to accommodate itself to your efforts. And you can only expand your capacities by working to the very limit. -- Hugh Nibley

Five minutes, just before going to sleep, given to a bit of directed imagination regarding achievement possibilities of the morrow, will steadily and increasingly bear fruit, particularly if all ideas of difficulty, worry or fear are resolutely ruled out and replaced by those of accomplishment and smiling courage. -- Frederick Pierce

There are only two roads that lead to something like human happiness. They are marked by the words . . . love and achievement. . . . In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy. . . . The secret of human happiness is not in self-seeking but in self-forgetting. -- Dr. Theodor Reik

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom.
Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same.
-- Flavia Weedn
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 5:37 pm

"Often people get discouraged or disillusioned by expecting everyone to instantly see the positive changes they have made. Allow time to work to your advantage." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"If I had permitted my failures, or what seemed to me at the time a lack of success, to discourage me I cannot see any way in which I would ever have made progress." -- Calvin Coolidge

"You can show up for work every day…but showing up does not mean success in your work."
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Wings for Work, why write about it?

When a person doesn't have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude. -- Elie Wiesel

"In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong; honor that; try to imitate it, and your faults will drop off like dead leaves when their time comes." -- John Ruskin

We tend to be held back from our goals by the simplicity of our comfort zones...but just how comfortable are we? Wouldn't we be more content living in our dreams? -- Michelle C. Ustaszeski

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -- Helen Keller

"Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances. -- J Bruce Barton

When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be. -- Henry van Dyke
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 12:05 pm

Man does not live by a turkey in every oven or a color TV set in every home. Man lives by faith and hope and love, by the star on the horizon, by the trumpet that will not call retreat. -- E. Merrill Root (1895-1973) American Writer

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get back up. -- Vince Lombardi

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments, but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures." -- Joseph Addison, English politician and writer

Life holds so many simple blessings, each day bringing its own individual wonder. -- John McLeod

Every burden is a blessing. -- Walt Kelly

"My father used to say to me, 'Whenever you get into a jam, whenever you get into a crisis or an emergency…become the calmest person in the room and you'll be able to figure your way out of it.'"
-- Rudolph Giuliani, controversial former mayor of New York City

Change. It has the power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life. Certainly it is worth the risk. -- Leo Buscaglia

The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something you do. It's something you allow. -- Will Garcia

Before my accident, there were ten thousand things I could do. I could spend the rest of my life dwelling on the things I had lost, but instead I chose to focus on the nine thousand I still had left. -- W. Mitchell

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy." -- Dale Carnegie
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 11:31 am

The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.
-- Bernard Meltzer

The purpose of life is not to be happy. The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all. -- Arthur H. Prince

"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you will do the best." -- Marva Collins

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get back up. -- Vince Lombardi

To be alive, to be able to see, to walk,...it's all a miracle. -- Arthur Rubinstein

"Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times." -- Napoleon Hill

"Do not be discouraged if your plans do not succeed the first time. No one learns to walk by taking only one step." -- Catherine Pulsifer

Don't get discouraged, and think positive all the time. Don't get down on yourself if you lose out a couple of times. It's just a lot of hard work." -- Larisa Oleynik

"A problem is a chance for you to do your best." -- Duke Ellington

"It is also vitally important that when faced with setbacks in achieving a goal, you need to stay focused and not let the setbacks discourage you.” -- Byron and Catherine Pulsifer
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 6:30 am

"If people knew how hard I worked to achieve my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."
-- Michelangelo

"Remember that you are needed. There is at least one important work to be done that will not be done unless you do it." -- Charles L. Allen

"If you love what you do, then it is no longer work. The money you earn is secondary when you love your work. Money can never buy happiness, or peace of mind." -- Catherine Pulsifer

Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new. -- Brian Tracy

My friend, leaving one's comfort zone is no small chore! Trust me, I've learned this first hand. I can say that when all's said and done it's worth it! -- Josh Hinds

If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness. -- Les Brown

Although when you first step out of your comfort zone it may feel difficult and fearful, you will at some point become comfortable again. -- Wendy Hearn

A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown. -- Denis Waitley

"Man must be arched and buttressed from within, else the temple wavers to dust." -- Marcus Aurelius

"None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 2:37 pm

"Give yourself something to work toward--constantly." -- Mary Kay Ash

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself." -- Abraham Maslow

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however." -- Richard Bach

"Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed—there’s so little competition."
-- Elbert Hubbard

"Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself." -- Samuel Butler

"While some people can’t wait until their retirement, others feel cheated that they have to retire at all." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood.... Make big plans... aim high in hope and work." -- Daniel Hudson Burnham

"You can show up for work every day…but showing up does not mean success in your work."
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Wings for Work, why write about it?

"Many hands make light work." -- English Proverb

"In order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work." -- John Ruskin
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Health is the condition of wisdom, and the sign is cheerfulness - an open and noble temper.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -- Krishnamurti

When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. -- Chinese Proverb

Great hopes make great men. -- Thomas Fuller

The way to succeed is never quit. That's it. But really be humble about it. -- Alex Haley

"The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labour is immense."
-- Arnold Bennett

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. -- Dale Carnegie

Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only what you are expecting to give.
-- Katherine Hepburn

Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 10:50 pm

"Before you speak, listen." -- William Arthur Ward

"When people compliment someone on being a great communicator, they often mean that the person is a good listener." -- Joseph Sommerville

You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Giving of ourselves is the way we change the world at the end of our fingertips. -- Richard F. Schubert

Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not. -- Samuel Johnson

When there is an original sound in the world, it makes a hundred echoes. -- John A. Shedd

Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.
-- Rachel Carson

To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind. -- William Hazlitt

No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you. -- Althea Gibson

Our duty, as men and women, is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist. We are collaborators in creation.
-- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:12 am

The important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part. The essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well. -- Baron de Coubertin, The Olympic Creed

A man should not leave this earth with unfinished business. He should live each day as if it was a pre-flight check. He should ask each morning, am I prepared to lift-off?
-- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. -- Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Principle -- particularly moral principle -- can never be a weathervane, spinning around this way and that with the shifting winds of expediency. Moral principle is a compass forever fixed and
forever true. -- Edward R. Lyman

"When we find inspiration, we need to take action for ourselves and for our communities. Even if it means making a hard choice, or cutting out something and leaving it in your past." -- Aron Ralston

"And in life, it is all about choices we make. And how the direction of our lives comes down to the choices we choose." -- Catherine Pulsifer, from HONESTY. . . A Core Value?

"CHOOSE TO LOVE. . .rather than hate.
CHOOSE TO SMILE. . . rather than frown.
CHOOSE TO BUILD . . . rather than destroy.
CHOOSE TO PERSEVERE . . . rather than quit.
CHOOSE TO PRAISE . . . rather than gossip.
CHOOSE TO HEAL . . . rather than wound.
CHOOSE TO GIVE . . . rather than grasp.
CHOOSE TO ACT . . . rather than delay.
CHOOSE TO FORGIVE . . . rather than curse."

"How you react to situations is your personal choice. It is your decision, and yours alone, to determine the importance you give to any situation."
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Inferior Without Consent?

"You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to, but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice. Only you have the power to choose for yourself." -- W. Clement Stone

"You don't have to buy from anyone. You don't have to work at any particular job. You don't have to participate in any given relationship. You can choose." -- Harry Browne
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:15 am

"If constructive thoughts are planted positive outcomes will be the result. Plant the seeds of failure and failure will follow." -- Sidney Madwed

"We all live in suspense from day to day; in other words, you are the hero of your own story." -- Mary McCarthy

"A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug." -- Patricia Neal

"Passion is in all great searches and is necessary to all creative endeavors." -- W. Eugene Smith

"The winner asks, "May I help?" The loser asks, "Do you expect me to do that?" -- William Arthur Ward

"Learn to think like a winner. Think positive and visualize your strengths." -- Vic Braden

Anger is a prelude to courage. -- Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Every man has three characters: that which he shows, that which he has, and that which he thinks he has.
-- Alphonse Karr

My secret for staying young is good food, plenty of rest, and a makeup man with a spray gun. -- Bob Hope

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Doulas Adams
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 6:13 pm

"If you had to report on all your accomplishments for the week, would it make a difference?"
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Busy but No Accomplishments

"Some people think that people who have achieved extraordinary accomplishments in their lives are not ordinary people. But, they are ordinary people who have acheived success in their life."
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Quotes by Famous People

"People without goals usually accomplish much less than they are capable of achieving. I am not suggesting that they have no accomplishments. What I am saying, however, is that if they had set goals, they could have accomplished a lot more." -- Catherine Pulsifer, from Wings for Goals

"Most people who are recognized for their remarkable accomplishments started out stumbling and struggling just like anyone else." -- Sharon Cook & Graciela Sholander, from Dream It Do It

"You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals." -- Booker T. Washington

"All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination. Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth." -- Napoleon Hill

"With confidence, you can reach truly amazing heights; without confidence, even the simplest accomplishments are beyond your grasp." -- Jim Loehr

"You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars. With it, there is accomplishment. Without it there are only alibis." -- Henry Ford

"Get up as soon as you wake up. If you lie in bed, you may use up as much nervous energy living your day in advance as you would in actual accomplishment of the day's work."
-- Author Unknown, from Ten Ways to Worry Less and Accomplish More

"Sometimes, people use age as a convenient excuse. 'I'm to old too start something new', or, 'I couldn't learn that at my age.' Other people, though, go on to acheive their greatest accomplishments in life in later years." -- Catherine Pulsifer
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 6:17 pm

"The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no valleys to traverse." -- Helen Keller, American author and activist

Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

To show compassion to the wicked is to oppress the righteous; to pardon oppressors is to tyrannize the oppressed. -- Sadi, "Gulistan"

Will and I could hardly wait for the morning to come to get at something that interested us. That's happiness. -- Orville Wright, co-inventor of the airplane

"Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different." -- Katherine Mansfield or Katherine Beauchamp

Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go. -- Sylvia Robinson

If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success. -- John D. Rockefeller

When you take a risk and step out of the norm, you run the risk and sometimes you fail. But you only fail if you give up. -- J Peterman

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-- Mark Twain @ Samuel Clemens, the iconic American humorist and writer

Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.
-- Charles A. Dana
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 6:31 pm

We succeed only as we identify in life, or in war, or in anything else, a single overriding objective, and make all other considerations bend to that one objective.
-- General Dwight David Eisenhower

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances. -- Bruce Barton

When a man feels throbbing within him the power to do what he undertakes as well as it can possibly be done, this is happiness, this is success. -- Orison Swett Marden

The only worthwhile achievements of man are those which are socially useful. -- Alfred Adler

Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's levels of aspiration . . and expectation. -- Jack Niklaus

My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key. -- Frederick Saunders

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, A tender look which becomes a habit. -- Peter Ustinov

Love is like a mountain, hard to climb, but once you get to the top the view is beautiful.
-- Daniel Monroe Tuttle

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. -- Helen Keller

The courses of true love never did run smooth. -- William Shakespeare
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 6:38 pm

"Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is." -- Aleksei Peshkov or Maxim Gorky, Russian social realist author

Man's greatest actions are performed in minor struggles. Life, misfortune, isolation, abandonment and poverty are battlefields which have their heroes - obscure heroes who are at times greater than illustrious heroes.
-- Victor Hugo (1802-1885) French Writer

"Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."
-- Alexander Graham Bell, Scottish-Canadian inventor

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
-- General George S. Patton

"A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work."
-- John Lubbock, multifaceted British banker, statesman, and scientist

When you cannot make up your mind which of two evenly balanced courses of action you should take - choose the bolder. -- W.J. Slim

I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate. -- George Burns

I praise loudly; I blame softly. -- Catherine the Second (1729-1796) Russian Empress

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun's out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light within. -- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Maturity is achieved when a person postpones immediate pleasures for long-term values. -- Joshua L. Liebman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought Of The Day
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next