talk and talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
talk and talk

Talk everything you want

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought Of The Day

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 8:41 pm

"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space." -- Johnny Cash

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in that gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

"If you have made mistakes...
there is always another chance for you...
you may have a fresh start any moment you choose,
for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 1:59 pm

"The one important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one's work seriously and taking one's self seriously. The first is imperative, the second is disastrous."
-- Margot Fonteyn

"Some people use failure as an excuse to give up, to become bitter, or cynical. Other people look at failure as an opportunity to revisit past decisions and to devise new strategies."
-- Catherine Pulsifer

What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think. -- Dr. Patrick Gentempo
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 6:54 am

In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong; honor that; try to imitate it, and your faults will drop off like dead leaves when their time comes.
-- John Ruskin

Change. It has the power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life. Certainly it is worth the risk. -- Leo Buscaglia

"I used to spend at least 8 hours every weekend making sure things were just perfect -"in case someone came over". Then I realized one day that no one came over; they were all out living life and having fun!"
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Since it's already 2007, I decide to add two more quotations for you to read. So, I will post a total of 5 quotations everytime I sign in here ok. Enjoy!!!

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you until it seems that you cannot hold on for a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe

"If the winds of fortune are temporarily blowing against you, remember that you can harness them and make them carry you toward your definite purpose, through the use of your imagination."
-- Napoleon Hill

"Believe that you can do it, under any circumstances. Because if you believe you can, then you really will. That belief just keeps you searching for the answers, then pretty soon you get it."
-- Wally "Famous" Amos

The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good.
-- Brian Tracy

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." -- B. C. Forbes
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 6:40 am

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this, always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed upon my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers.
-- Helen Keller

A life without purpose is a languid, drifting thing; Every day we ought to review our purpose, saying to ourselves: This day let me make a sound beginning, for what we have hitherto done is naught! -- Thomas A. Kempis

"And if I may be so bold to offer my last piece of advice for someone seeking and needing to make changes in their life—If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree. You have the ability to totally transform every area in your life—and it all begins with your very own power of choice." -- Jim Rohn

If there is one thing upon this earth that mankind love and admire better than another, it is a brave man, -- it is the man who dares to look the devil in the face and tell him he is a devil.
-- James A. Garfield

"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." -- Victor Frankl
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:59 pm

The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather, that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually make a new man of himself. -- Wang Yang-Ming

The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him and show your distrust.
-- Henry L. Stimson

We learn to fly not by becoming fearless, but by the daily practice of courage. -- Sam Keen

Compassion is bringing our deepest truth into our actions, no matter how much the world seems to resist, because that is ultimately what we have to give to this world and one another.
-- Ram Dass

"You are the person who has to decide. Whether you'll do it or toss it aside; You are the person who makes up your mind. Whether you'll lead or will linger behind. Whether you'll try for the goal that's afar. Or just be contented to stay where you are." -- Edgar A. Guest

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 8:13 am

"We all have choices to learn or not to learn. However, with choices come results. You can not expect positive results if we choose to limit ourselves to our existing knowledge."
-- Catherine Pulsifer

"Your choice of people to associate with, both personally and business-wise, is one of the most important choices you make. If you associate with turkeys, you will never fly with the eagles."
-- Brian Tracy

"If you have made mistakes…there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down but the staying down." -- Mary Pickford

"No one ever went broke by saying no too often." -- Harvey Mackay

"You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to, but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice. Only you have the power to choose for yourself." -- W. Clement Stone

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 10:16 pm

"The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude." -- Charles Swindoll

"You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to, but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice. Only you have the power to choose for yourself." -- W. Clement Stone

"CHOOSE TO LOVE. . .rather than hate.
CHOOSE TO SMILE. . . rather than frown.
CHOOSE TO BUILD . . . rather than destroy.
CHOOSE TO PERSEVERE . . . rather than quit.
CHOOSE TO PRAISE . . . rather than gossip.
CHOOSE TO HEAL . . . rather than wound.
CHOOSE TO GIVE . . . rather than grasp.
CHOOSE TO ACT . . . rather than delay.
CHOOSE TO FORGIVE . . . rather than curse."

We all need to decide whether to "play it safe" in life and worry about the downside, or instead take a chance, by being who we really are and living the life our heart desires.
Which choice are you making? -- Charlie Badenhop

Principle -- particularly moral principle -- can never be a weathervane, spinning around this way and that with the shifting winds of expediency. Moral principle is a compass forever fixed and
forever true. -- Edward R. Lyman

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 pm

It may be possible to incorporate laugher into daily activities, just as is done with other heart-healthy activities, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator. The recommendation for a healthy heart may one day be exercise, eat right and laugh a few times a day. -- Michael Miller, MD

When hope is not pinned wriggling onto a shiny image or expectation, it sometimes floats forth and opens like one of those fluted Japanese blossoms, flimsy and spastic, bright and warm. This almost always seems to happen in community. -- Annie Lamott

"Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about."
-- Earl Nightingale

"You are everything that is, your thoughts, your life, your dreams come true. You are everything you choose to be. You are as unlimited as the endless universe." -- Shad Helmstetter

We all need to decide whether to "play it safe" in life and worry about the downside, or instead take a chance, by being who we really are and living the life our heart desires. Which choice are you making? -- Charlie Badenhop

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 pm

"If you love what you do, then it is no longer work. The money you earn is secondary when you love your work. Money can never buy happiness, or peace of mind." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams." -- Les Brown

"Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever." -- Horace Mann

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single before starting to improve the world.
-- Anne Frank

"The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail." -- Napoleon Hill
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:41 pm

Nothing will sustain you more potently than the power to recognize in your humdrum routine, as perhaps it may be thought, the true poetry of life. -- Sir William Osler

The tears that you spill, the sorrowful, are sweeter than the laughter of snobs and the guffaws of scoffers. -- Kahlil Gibran

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. -- Dorothy Nevill

Friendship takes many years to establish; so do not fall out with a friend over a single disagreement. -- Sadi, "Gulistan"

You see things; and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"
-- George Bernard Shaw

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 4:58 pm

"Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty." -- Doris Day

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." -- Epicurus

"When eating a fruit, think of the person who planted the tree." -- Vietnamese Proverb

"There is a calmness to a life lived in Gratitude, a quiet joy." -- Ralph H. Blum

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." -- Oprah Winfrey
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:39 pm

I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.
-- Booker T. Washington

The world is not moved only by the mighty shoves of the heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. -- Helen Keller

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; they become destiny.

"Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it."
-- Og Mandino

"Leadership rests not only upon ability, not only upon capacity; having the capacity to lead is not enough. The leader must be willing to use it. His leadership is then based on truth and character."
-- Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 12:42 am

"Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character." -- Author Unknown, from Be Thankful

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -- Dale Carnegie

Life is a series of experience, each of which makes us bigger even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward. -- Henry Ford

"Sow an act and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny." -- Charles Reade

"The remarkable thing we have is a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude." -- Charles Swindoll
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 9:53 am

"The qualities of a great man are 'vision, integrity, courage, understanding, the power of articulation, and profundity of character'." -- Dwight Eisenhower

"We aim to develop physique, mentality and character in our students; but because the first two are menaces without the third, the greatest of these is character." -- Joseph Dana Allen

"Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character." -- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

"Good manners like most values, must be demonstrated and lived in the home if they are to become a permanent part of the child's character." -- Jacquie McTaggart

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do!. That is character." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 2:37 pm

The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. -- William James

Rely on the ordinary virtues that intelligent, balanced human beings have relied on for centuries: common sense, thrift, realistic expectations, patience, and perseverance. -- John C. Bogle

The only people to get even with are those who have helped you.

"Be bold. If you're going to make an error, make a doozey, and don't be afraid to hit the ball."
-- Billie Jean King

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." -- Pablo Picasso
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:17 am

"You are in charge of your feelings, beliefs, and actions. And you teach others how to behave toward you. While you cannot change other people, you can influence them through your own behaviors and actions. By being a living role model of what you want to receive from others, you create more of what you want in your life." -- Eric Allenbaugh

“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” -- Eleanor Roosevelt

“I once complained to my father that I didn’t seem to be able to do things the same way other people did. Dad’s advice?
“Margo, don’t be a sheep.
People hate sheep.
They eat sheep.” -- Margo Kaufman

"There are two great rules of life, the one general and the other particular. The first is that everyone can, in the end, get what he wants if he only tries. This is the general rule. The particular rule is that every individual is more or less an exception to the general rule."
-- Samuel Butler

"Believing in yourself is not for you; it's for every person who has touched your life in a significant way and for every person your life will touch the same way five minutes from now, or five centuries from now." -- Jaye Miller
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 1:00 pm

More to improve and fewer to disapprove.
More doers and fewer talkers.
More to say it can be done and fewer to say it’s impossible.
More to inspire others and fewer to throw cold waters on them.
More to get into the thick of things and fewer to sit on the sidelines.
More to point out what’s right and fewer to show what’s wrong.
More to light a candle and fewer to curse the darkness.

Failure is really a matter of conceit. People don’t work hard because, in their conceit, they imagine they’ll succeed without ever making an effort. Most people believe that they’ll wake up some day and find themselves rich. Actually, they’ve got it half right, because eventually they do wake up. -- Thomas Edison

In the morning, whoever you are, wherever you are, however old or young, and bounding out of bed because there’s something out there that you love to do, that you believe in, that you’re good at – something that’s bigger than you are, and you can hardly wait to get at it again today. -- Whit Hobbs

Works exactly opposite to the way a savings account does. In a saving account, as time goes by, your money compounds interest. The longer you leave it untouched, the more it increases. When it comes to potential, the longer you leave it untouched, the more it decreases. Unused potential wastes away. If you want your potential to increase, you have to tap into it. -- John C. Maxwell

It’s easier to settle for average than strive for achievement,
It’s easier to be saturated with complacency than stirred with compassion,
It’s easier to be skeptical than successful,
It’s easier to question than conquer,
It’s easier to rationalize your disappointments than realize your dreams,
It’s easier to belch the baloney than bring home the bacon.
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. -- Dave Gardner

I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. -- Thomas Paine

"It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg." -- C. S. Lewis

The self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates. -- Thomas Szasz

"To play it safe is not to play." -- Robert Altman

"It's easy to make it through the good times; it's how we handle the bad times that can separates us from the crowd and move us closer to our goals."

"Find deadlines in your life that you can use as motivation and always find a way to beat the deadline."

"Gravitate towards your goals and avoid negative people and situations."

"If everything came easy in life then we would all have everything and nothing would mean anything."

"When you are feeling depressed or down, focus on many if the little things that we all take for granted. The ability to walk, to see, to hear, and even to talk are all things we take for granted."
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 8:18 am

"I rationalized that everything happens for a reason and if we learn from our past mistakes then something good could come out of it."

"Accept the fact that we can control certain things in our lives and that there are many things in life we can't control. Acceptance is just living with the reality and making the best of the situation."

When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view. -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"Inspiration is a guest that does not willingly visit the lazy." -- Pyotr Tchaikovsky

The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. -- Muhammad Ali

The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible -- and achieve it, generation after generation. -- Pearl S. Buck

"Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there." -- Josh Billings

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:44 pm

True luck consists not in holding the best of the cards at the table; luckiest is he who knows just when to rise and go home. -- John Hay

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
-- Chinese proverb

"Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich."
-- Sarah Bernhardt

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. -- Louisa May Alcott

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Man has never made any material as resilient as the human spirit. -- Bernard Williams

In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities. -- Janos Arany
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 9:16 am

"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." -- Diane Ackerman

Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

"Touch a thistle timidly, and it pricks you; grasp it boldly, and its spines crumble." -- Admiral William Halsey

"The capacity for hope is the most significant fact of life. It provides human beings with a sense of destination and the energy to get started." -- Norman Cousins

Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success.
-- Alonzo Newton Benn

"Many things which cannot be overcome when they are together yield themselves up when taken little by little." -- Plutarch

One of the most valuable things we can do to heal one another is listen to each other's stories.
-- Rebecca Falls
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 12:33 am

"It is necessary to try to surpass oneself always; this occupation ought to last as long as life."
-- Queen Christina

“Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real.” -- Jules Verne

“Imagination is stronger than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world."
-- Albert Einstein

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." -- Thomas Edison

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -- Walt Disney

"The man who has no imagination has no wings." -- Muhammad Ali

"Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions." -- Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 4:44 am

"Picture yourself vividly as winning, and the alone will contribute immeasurably to success."
-- Harry Emerson Fosdick

"Imagination gallops; judgment merely walks." -- Proverb

"The opportunities of man are limited only by his imagination. But so few have imagination that there are ten thousand fiddlers to one composer." -- Charles F. Kettering

"Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future." -- Charles F. Kettering

"The best nation in the world is our imagination." -- David DeNotaris

"I have found that the imagination does not work to its full potential when we are lying on the couch doing nothing, but when we are with like-minded people." -- David DeNotaris

"Live out of your imagination instead of out of your memory." -- Les Brown
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 3:51 pm

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.
-- Ann Landers

If there is any kindness I can show, any good thing I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. -- William Penn

Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much. -- Blaise Pascal

Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.
-- Joseph Addison

Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
-- Mary Tyler Moore

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. -- Robin Williams

"When you get into a tight place and it seems that you can't go on, hold on — for that's just the place and the time that the tide will turn." -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought Of The Day
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next