talk and talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
talk and talk

Talk everything you want

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought Of The Day

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 8:47 am

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

"When I do things without any explanation, but just with spontaneity…I can be sure that I am right." -- Federico Fellini

"When you throw dirt you lose ground." -- Submitted by Lauren

"If somebody is calling you names they are acting off their opinions. Opinions are opinions they are NOT THE TRUTH!!!" -- Contributed by M. Tattersall

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

“Behavior is a mirror in which every one displays his image.” -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

“Do or do not. There is no try.” -- Yoda

"Behavior is what a man does, not what he thinks, feels, or believes."

“One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.” -- Helen Keller

“If you want a quality, act as if you already had it. Try the “as if” technique.” -- William James
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 8:51 am

The life of the individual only has meaning insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful. Life is sacred that is to say, it is the supreme value to which all other values are subordinate.
-- Albert Einstein

When your body mind and soul are healthy and harmonious, You will bring health and harmony to those around you and health and harmony to the world not by withdrawing from the world but by being a healthy living organ of the body of humanity. -- B.K.S. Iyengar

Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets, then can come the best of benedictions: "If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same. -- Joan McIntosh

"I also remember the moment my life changed, the moment I finally said, ''I've had it! I know I'm much more than I'm demonstrating mentally, emotionally, and physically in my life'.' I made a decision in that moment which was to alter my life forever. I decided to change virtually every aspect of my life. I decided I would never again settle for less than I can be." -- Anthony Robbins

"If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Don't complain." -- Maya Angelou

"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't." -- Anatole France

"Truth,
If in fact there exist 'Truth',
Then there is no such thing as 'Mystery'.
Only 'Knowledge' yet to be discovered!" -- Daniel B. Johnson Jr.

"Our ability to achieve success depends on the strength of our wings gained through knowledge and experience. The greater our knowledge and experience, the higher we can fly." -- Catherine Pulsifer

"You can lose your job, you can lose material items, but you can never lose your knowledge. The money we invest in ourselves to further increase our knowledge is truly an investment in our future." -- Catherine Pulsifer, from What Do You Feed Your Mind?

"Knowledge is of two kinds.
We know a subject ourselves, or
we know where we can find information on it." -- Samuel Johnson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 8:56 am

"Knowledge is inherent in man; no knowledge comes from outside; it is all inside.
We say Newton discovered gravitation. Was it sitting anywhere waiting for him?
It was in his own mind; the time came and he found it out.
All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind;
the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.
The external world is simply the suggestion, the occasion, which sets you to study your own mind." -- Swami Vivekananda, Submitted by Uday

"Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act." -- George W. Crane

"The thought is not the act." -- Joan Ebbitt

“The essential conditions of everything you do must be choice, love, passion.” -- Nadia Boulanger

“It’s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.” -- Dr. Rob Gilbert

"People don't change their behavior unless it makes a difference for them to do so." -- Fran Tarkenton

"Don't make excuses--make good." -- Elbert Hubbard

“What you do not want others to do to you, do not do to others.” -- Confucius

"We first must think "I can," then behave appropriately along that line of thought." -- Marsha Sinetar

"To know what people really think, pay regard to what they do, rather than what they say."
-- Rene Descartes
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 9:38 am

"Feel the feeling. Choose the behavior." -- Charles Rumberg

“Your self-beliefs either support or undermine you.” -- Marsha Sinetar

“The thing always happens that you really believe in; And the belief in a thing makes it happen.”
-- Frank Lloyd Wright

“She didn’t know it couldn’t be done, so she went ahead and did it.” -- Bridget O’Donnell

“It is not so much what you believe in that matters, as the way in which you believe it and proceed to translate that belief into action.” -- Lin Yutang

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart... Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. -- Carl Jung

You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.

To live is like to love - all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it.
-- Samuel Butler, Life and love

True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, Nor can it be hidden where it truly does.

Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit. -- Khalil Gibran
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 10:25 am

What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it. -- Alexander Graham Bell

It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks, to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts as we travel toward our distant goal. -- Helen Keller

People who laugh actually live longer than those who don't laugh. Few persons realize that health actually varies according to the amount of laughter. -- James J. Walsh

A bodily disease, which we look upon as whole and entire within itself, may, after all, be but a symptom of some ailment in the spiritual past. -- Nathaniel Hawthorne

A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses. -- Hippocrates

He's the best physician that knows the worthlessness of the most medicines. -- Benjamin Franklin

A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ. -- John Steinbeck

His best companions, innocence and health; And his best riches, ignorance of wealth.
-- Oliver Goldsmith

The human body has been designed to resist an infinite number of changes and attacks brought about by its environment. The secret of good health lies in successful adjustment to changing stresses on the body. -- Harry J. Johnson

A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs. -- Joan Welsh
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 11:11 am

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all." -- Emily Dickenson

"Hope is the most exciting thing in life and if you honestly believe that love is out there, it will come. And even if it doesn't come straight away there is still that chance all through your life that it will." -- Josh Hartnett

"Hold your head high, stick your chest out.
You can make it.
It gets dark sometimes, but morning comes.
Keep hope alive." -- Jesse Jackson

"The feeling of hopefulness sometimes comes from someone helping us. Think back to a time when you had lost hope. Many times we regained our optimism because someone gave us a helping hand."
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Poem for Hope

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." -- Author Unknown, from Is Packaging Important To You?

Worrying about something that may never happen is like paying interest on money you may never borrow.

Security is a superstition--it does not exist in nature. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. -- Helen Keller, American author and activist

“If you give me rice, I’ll eat today; if you teach me how to grow rice, I’ll eat every day.” -- Gandhi

“If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” -- Benjamin Franklin

No pleasure philosophy, no sensuality, no place nor power, no material success can for a moment give such inner satisfaction as the sense of living for good purposes, for maintenance of integrity, for the preservation of self-approval. -- Minot Simons

Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:32 pm

Love doesn't sit there like a stone. It has to be made like bread; Remade all the time, ...Made new. -- Le Guin

A part of you has grown in me. And so you see, it's you and me. Together forever and never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart.

To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. -- Karen Sunde

Love doesn't make the world go round, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. -- Elizabeth Browning

Inside the heart of each and every one of us there is a longing to be understood by someone who really cares. When a person is understood, he or she can put up with almost anything in the world. -- Rev Ed Hird

True happiness and a fullness of joy can be found only in the tender and intimate relationships of the family. However earnestly we may seek success and happiness outside the home through work, leisure activities, or large bank accounts, we will never be fully satisfied emotionally until we develop deep and loving relationships. -- James J. Jon

To reach a great height a person needs to have great depth.

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. -- William Blake

Never mistake activity for achievement. -- John Wooden

This became a credo of mine . . . attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.
-- Bette Davis
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. -- John Calvin Coolidge

Fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round - remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.
-- James Corbett

What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it. -- Alexander Graham Bell

To know just what has to be done, then to do it, comprises the whole philosophy of practical life.
-- Sir William Osler

The longer I live, the more I am certain that the great difference between the great and the insignificant, its energy - invincible determination - a purpose once fixed, and then death or victory. -- Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton

The greedy search for money or success will almost always lead men into unhappiness. Why? Because that kind of life makes them depend upon things outside themselves. -- André Maurois

The good life, as I conceive it, is a happy life. I do not mean that if you are good you will be happy; I mean that if you are happy you will be good. -- Bertrand Russell

All happy people are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy. We tend to think that being unhappy leads people to complain, but it’s truer to say that complaining leads to people becoming unhappy. -- Dennis Prager

In vain do they talk of happiness who never subdued an impulse in obedience to a principle. He who never sacrificed a present to a future good, or a personal to a general one, can speak of happiness only as the blind speak of color. -- Horace Mann

To get rich never your risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth.
Richard Baker Half the costs of illness are wasted on conditions that could be prevented.
-- Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, not so good when people obey and acclaim him, worse when they despise him....But of a good leader who talks little when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say, "We did it ourselves.” -- Lao Tzu

A true leader always keeps an element of surprise up his sleeve, which others cannot grasp but which keeps his public excited and breathless. -- Charles deGaulle

Leadership is not magnetic personality that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not "making friends and influencing people"—that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations. -- Peter F. Drucker

Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them. They make the impossible happen. -- Dr. Robert Jarvik

The main characteristics of effective leadership are intelligence, integrity or loyalty, mystique, humor, discipline, courage, self sufficieny and confidence. -- James L. Fisher

Good leaders make people feel that they're at the very heart of things, not at the periphery. Everyone feels that he or she makes a difference to the success of the organization. When that happens people feel centered and that gives their work meaning. -- Warren Bennis

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
-- Theodore Roosevelt

It is very comforting to believe that leaders who do terrible things are, in fact, mad. That way, all we have to do is make sure we don't put psychotics in high places and we've got the problem solved. -- Thomas Wolfe

Peace is not something you wish for; it's something you make, something you do, something you are, something you give away. -- Robert Fulghum

If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another. -- Winston Churchill
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:39 pm

The world will never have lasting peace so long as men reserve for war the finest human qualities. Peace, no less than war, requires idealism and self-sacrifice and a righteous and dynamic faith. -- John Foster Dulles

More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginning of all wars -- yes, an end to this brutal, inhuman and thoroughly impractical method of settling the differences between governments.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Love is the emblem of eternity;
it confounds all notions of time;
effaces all memory of beginning,
all fear of an end. -- Madame de Stael

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. -- Calvin Coolidge

Those are a success who have lived well, laughed often, and loved much; who have gained the respect of intelligent people and the love of children, who have filled their niche and accomplished their task, who leave the world better than they found it, whether by a perfect poem or a rescued soul; who never lacked appreciation of the earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in others and gave the best they had. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit on a hot stove lid again and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore. -- Mark Twain

The questions you ask consistently will create either enervation or enjoyment, indignation or inspiration, misery or magic. Ask the questions that will uplift your spirit and push you along the path of human excellence. -- Tony Robbins

Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner.
-- General Omar Bradley
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:43 pm

Do more than exist : live,
Do more than touch : feel,
Do more than look : observe,
Do more than read : absorb,
Do more than hear : listen,
Do more than listen : understand,
Do more than think : reflect,
Do more than just talk : say something.

Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can. -- John Wesley

Do the right thing;
Do it today;
Do it with no hope of return or promise of reward;
Do it with a smile and cheerful attitude;
Do it day after day after day
Do it, and someday
There will come a day
That will be a payday
For all the yesterdays
You spent focused on the current day –
That will not only give value to today,
But will make each future day
Outshine each yesterday.
And what more could you ask of a day? -- John C. Maxwell

Things that advance your overall life purpose.
Things you have always wanted to do.
Things that others say can’t be done.
Things that help you grow to your maximum potential.
Things that develop other people’s ability to achieve and lead.
Things that multiply-rather than merely add-value to yourself and others.
Things that harness your creativity.
Things you can delegate to others.
Things that promote teamwork and synergy.
Things that are now or never opportunities.

Although men are accused of not knowing their own weakness, yet perhaps few know their own strength. It is in men as in soils, where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of. -- Jonathan Swift

If you have made mistakes, even serious mistakes, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
-- Mary Pickford

A childlike man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle aged habit and convention. -- Aldous Huxley

In work, the greatest satisfaction lies - the satisfaction of stretching yourself, using your abilities and making them expand, and knowing that you have accomplished something that could have been done only by your unique apparatus. This is really the center of life, and those who never orient themselves in this direction are missing more than they ever know. -- Kenneth Alsop (1920-1973)

"So if you have a dream then just believe that you can achieve it no matter what. Even when you can't feel deep in your heart any words of encouragement, just believe in your dream and your heart will finally show you the way." -- Shuchi Gupta, from Believe in Your Dreams and Yourself!

"Feeling appreciated is one of the most important needs that people have. When you share with someone your appreciation and gratitude, they will not forget you. Appreciation will return to you many times." -- Steve Brunkhorst, from 7 Gifts that Multiply Happiness
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:01 am

I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul’s good to do each day two things they disliked. . . . It is a precept I have followed scrupulously: for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed. -- William Somerset Maugham

Who has courage to say no again and again to desires, to despise the objects of ambition, who is a whole in himself, smoothed and rounded. -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus Horace

Nothing is more harmful to the service, than the neglect of discipline; for that discipline, more than numbers, gives one army superiority over another. -- George Washington

The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don't like to do. They don't like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.
-- E.M. Gray

In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first. -- Harry S. Truman

The great end of education is to discipline rather than to furnish the mind; to train it to the use of its own powers, rather than fill it with the accumulation of others. -- Tyron Edwards

If you will discipline yourself to make your mind self-sufficient you will thereby be least vulnerable to injury from the outside. -- Critias of Athen

No steam or gas drives anything until it is confined. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined. -- Harry Emerson Fosdick D.D

If we conducted ourselves as sensibly in good times as we do in hard times, we could all acquire a competence. -- William Feather

Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable, procures success to the weak, and esteem to all. -- George Washington
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:04 am

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension and discipline are taken out of your life. -- Dr. James G. Bilkey

It takes tremendous discipline to control the influence, the power you have over other people's lives. -- Clint Eastwood

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees or the stars; you have a right to be here. -- From Disiderata

Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living.

We should show life neither as it is or as it it ought to be, but only as we see it in our dreams.
-- Count Leo Tolstoy

They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. In their grey visions they obtain glimpses of eternity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on dreams. -- William Butler Yeats

Toil, feel, think, hope; you will be sure to dream enough before you die, without arranging for it.
-- John Sterling

Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born. -- Dr. Dale E. Turner
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:20 am

The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want.
-- Ben Stein

Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world. -- Joel Barker

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. -- Henry David Thoreau

Cherish your visions and you dreams, as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements. -- Napoleon Hill

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. -- Edgar Allan Poe

We do not really feel grateful toward those who make our dreams come true; they ruin our dreams. -- Eric Hoffer

Man, alone, has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone, can dream and make his dreams come true. -- Napoleon Hill

The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Yesterday is but a vision, and tomorrow is only a dream. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a dream of hope.

Dreaming permits each of and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. -- William Dement
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:21 am

The rain may be falling hard outside, But your smile makes it all alright. I'm so glad that you're my friend. I know our friendship will never end. -- Robert Alan

I keep my friends as misers do their treasure, because, of all the things granted us by wisdom, none is greater or better than friendship. -- Pietro Aretino

A friend who cannot at a pinch remember a thing or two that never happened is as bad as one who does not know how to forget. -- Samuel Butler

I have had, and may have still, a thousand friends, as they are called, in life, who are like one's partners in the waltz of this world -- not much remembered when the ball is over. -- Lord Byron

A companion loves some agreeable qualities which a man may possess, but a friend loves the man himself. -- James Boswell (1763)

Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another. -- Eustace Budgell (1711)

An aim in life is the only fortune worth the finding; and it is not to be found in foreign lands, but in the heart itself. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

You can't hit a home run unless you step up to the plate. You can't catch fish unless you put your line in the water. You can't reach your goals if you don't try. -- Kathy Seligman

To know just what has to be done, then to do it, comprises the whole philosophy of practical life.
-- Sir William Osler

To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you...don't need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach. -- W. Clement Stone
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:23 am

The goal you set must be challenging. At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, not impossible to reach. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, but not so far that you break. -- Rick Hansen

When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past.

My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose - somehow we win out. -- Ronald Reagan

By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. -- Mark Victor Hansen

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. -- Thomas Jefferson

Goal: an aim or objective, the end toward which effort is directed.
Resolution: The quality of not allowing difficulties or opposition to affect one’s purpose.

Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success. -- Stephen A. Brennan

Goals. There's not telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There's no telling what you can do when you believe in them. There's no telling what will happen when you act upon them. -- Jim Rohn

As long as I can conceive something better than myself I cannot be easy unless I am striving to bring it into existence. -- George Bernard Shaw

If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings. -- Brian Tracy
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:30 am

There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn. -- Dr. Samuel Johnson

I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others. -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest happiness of life it the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. -- Victor Marie Hugo

The thousand mysteries around us would not trouble but interest us, if only we had cheerful, healthy hearts. -- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

When the leadership is right and the time is right, the people can always be counted upon to follow — to the end and at all costs. -- Harold J. Seymour

There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you. -- William Hazlitt

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve. -- Tom Landry

Leaders aren't born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. -- Vince Lombardi

One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency. -- Arnold Glasow

The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but reveal to them their own. -- Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:33 am

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. -- Elbert Hubbard

Society’s demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases. -- John Adams

Leadership is the special quality which enables people to stand up and pull the rest of us over the horizon. -- James L. Fisher

To work in the world lovingly means that we are defining what we will be for, rather than reacting to what we are against. -- Christina Baldwin

Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish. -- Sam Walton

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. -- William Arthur Ward

Love is a wonderful thing. You never have to take it away
From one person to give it to another. There's always more than enough to go around.
-- Pamela de Roy

Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love. -- Erich Fromm

Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures. -- John F. Kennedy

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. -- Mohandas K. Gandhi
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:38 am

There must be, not a balance of power, but a community of power; not organized rivalries, but an organized peace. -- Woodrow Wilson

A leader, once convinced that a particular course of action is the right one, must....be undaunted when the going gets tough. -- Ronald Reagan

The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the promptings of a brave, determined spirit. -- Mark Twain

If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down. -- Mary Pickford

If you are truly flexible and go until . . . there is really very little you can't accomplish in your lifetime. -- Anthony Robbins

Having chosen our course, without guile and with pure purpose, let us renew our trust in God, and go forward without fear and with manly hearts. -- Abraham Lincoln

People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to. -- George Allen

Some people plant in the spring and leave in the summer. If you're signed up for a season, see it through. You don't have to stay forever, but at least stay until you see it through. -- Jim Rohn

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres, and infallibly prevails at last. -- Lord Chesterfield

The heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight. But they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night. -- Thomas S. Monson
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:40 am

Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience. -- Admiral Hyman Rickover

To reach a port we must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it. But we must not drift or lie at anchor. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Success seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. -- Conrad Hilton

You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make. -- Gorden B. Hinkley

I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature. -- John D. Rockefeller

Consider the postage stamp; its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there. -- Josh Billings

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance. -- H. Jackson Brown

Fortunately for themselves and the world, nearly all men are cowards and dare not act on what they believe. Nearly all our disasters come of a few fools having the courage of their convictions.
-- Coventry Patmore

You gain strength, experience, and confidence by every experience where you really stop to look fear in the face... You must do the thing you cannot do. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Experience shows that success is due less to ability than to zeal. The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body and soul. -- Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:42 am

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. -- Herman Cain

Our duty as men is to proceed as if limits to our ability did not exist. We are collaborators in creation. -- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

I believe that the true road to preeminent success in any line is to make yourself master of that line. -- Andrew Carnegie

An empowered organization is one in which individuals have the knowledge, skill, desire, and opportunity to personally succeed in a way that leads to collective organizational success.
-- Stephen Covey

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. -- Buckminster Fuller

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however. -- Richard Bach

Whatever your grade or position, if you know how and when to speak, and when to remain silent, your chances of real success are proportionately increased. -- Ralph C. Smedley

Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the world's work, and the power to appreciate life. -- Brigham Young

Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner. -- General Omar Bradley

The main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance but to do what lies clearly at hand.
-- Thomas Carlyle
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:45 am

Enlightenment is the "quiet acceptance of what is" I believe the truly enlightened beings are those who refuse to allow themselves to be distressed over things that simply are the way they are.
-- Wayne Dyer

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all. -- Socrates

There is much satisfaction in work well done, but there can be no happiness equal to the joy of finding a heart that understands. -- Victor Robinsoll

Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone, kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay

Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow. -- Mary Anne Radmacher

Success is not measured by what you can accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds. -- Orison Swett Marden

There is no short cuts to success. Persevere! Never give up, for that moment could be just the place and time that the tide will turn. And when it does, the satisfaction is immense.

“You can’t get much done in life is you only work on the days when you feel good.” The people who go far do so because they motivate themselves and give life their best, regardless of how they feel. To be successful, persevere. -- Jerry West

One thing that all successful people have in common is that they have mastered the ability to manage their time. First and foremost, they have organized themselves. Henry Kaiser, founder of Kaiser Aluminium and Kaiser Permanente Health Care, says, “Every minute spent in planning will save you two in execution. You never regain lost time, so make the most of every moment.”

More to improve and fewer to disapprove.
More doers and fewer talkers.
More to say it can be done and fewer to say it’s impossible.
More to inspire others and fewer to throw cold waters on them.
More to get into the thick of things and fewer to sit on the sidelines.
More to point out what’s right and fewer to show what’s wrong.
More to light a candle and fewer to curse the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:47 am

Failure is really a matter of conceit. People don’t work hard because, in their conceit, they imagine they’ll succeed without ever making an effort. Most people believe that they’ll wake up some day and find themselves rich. Actually, they’ve got it half right, because eventually they do wake up. -- Thomas Edison

In the morning, whoever you are, wherever you are, however old or young, and bounding out of bed because there’s something out there that you love to do, that you believe in, that you’re good at – something that’s bigger than you are, and you can hardly wait to get at it again today. -- Whit Hobbs

Works exactly opposite to the way a savings account does. In a saving account, as time goes by, your money compounds interest. The longer you leave it untouched, the more it increases. When it comes to potential, the longer you leave it untouched, the more it decreases. Unused potential wastes away. If you want your potential to increase, you have to tap into it. -- John C. Maxwell

It’s easier to settle for average than strive for achievement,
It’s easier to be saturated with complacency than stirred with compassion,
It’s easier to be skeptical than successful,
It’s easier to question than conquer,
It’s easier to rationalize your disappointments than realize your dreams,
It’s easier to belch the baloney than bring home the bacon.

Opportunities and motivation are connected. Motivated people see opportunities, and opportunities are often what motivate people. Great attitudes precede great opportunities. Who you are determines what you see. Today is the best day for an opportunity. Opportunity always takes “now” for an answer. -- John C. Maxwell

People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born. -- Albert Einstein

It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest. -- Greek saying

You are not happy because you are well. You are well because you are happy. You are not depressed because trouble has come to you, but trouble has come to you because you are depressed. You can change your thoughts and feelings, and then the outer things will come to correspond, and indeed there is no other way of working. -- Emmet Fox

Never say I love you,
If you really don’t care..
Never talk about feelings,
If they aren’t really there..
Never hold my hand,
If you are going to break my heart..
Never say you going to,
If you don’t plan to start..
Never look to my eyes,
If all you do is lie..
Never say hello,
If you really mean good bye..
If you really mean forever,
Then say you will try..
Never say forever,
Cause forever makes me cry..

"Sometimes the knowledge you've been given in school or by an elder - 'this is just the way it is' - keeps you from accomplishing because it traps you in a box in your mind and limits your freedom to deliver." -- Yanni
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:36 am

"We are all faced with challenges at some point in our life, challenges that we did not create. Challenges that happened beyond our control. The difference is how we respond to these challenges. You can adopt the attitude there is nothing you can do, or you can see the challenge as your call to action." -- Catherine Pulsifer, from Be A Possibilitarian

"Optimists enrich the present, enhance the future, challenge the improbable and attain the impossible."
-- William Arthur Ward

"I discovered that certain quotes made me stop and think; they made me challenge my beliefs, while others gave me hope." -- Catherine Pulsifer, from My Story

"David and his family, however, had a positive perspective on his problem that allowed him to face and overcome not only his challenge of blindness, but also the challenges of life which we all face at one time or another."
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Feeling Your Way Through Life

The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all. -- Chinese Proverb

Women observe subconsciously a thousand little details, without knowing they are doing so. Their subconscious mind adds these little things together--and they call the result intuition. -- Agatha Christie

Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. -- J.M. Barrie

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit." -- Helen Keller

Make voyages! Attempt them…there’s nothing else. -- Tennessee Williams

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. -- Lord Byron (1788-1824) English Poet
Back to top Go down
Arabella

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:37 am

"Knowledge is, indeed, that which, next to virtue, truly and essentially raises one man above another." -- Joseph Addison

"Information is not knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." -- Malcolm S. Forbes

"A man's errors are his portals of discovery." -- James Joyce

"How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser." -- Lou Holtz

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." -- Albert Einstein

Don't bother about genius. Don't worry about being clever. Trust to hard work, perseverance and determination.
-- Sir Frederick Treves (1853-1923) English Surgeon

All receive advice. Only the wise profit from it. -- Syrus

All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible.
-- Dr. Frank Richards (1875-1961) English Writer

Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possiblity. -- Oprah Winfrey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thought Of The Day
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next