talk and talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
talk and talk

Talk everything you want

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thought Of The Day

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Thought Of The Day - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:17 pm

"We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it."
-- Abraham Lincoln, American president remembered as Honest Abe

It's important the people should know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for. -- Mary H. Waldrip

"Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over."
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald @ Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald

Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not. -- Oprah Winfrey

There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. -- John Andrew Holmes

"You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm." -- Sidonie Gabrielle Colette aka Colette

"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more."
-- Louis L'Amour

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead. -- Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888) American Writer

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do. -- Bruce Crampton

I like a person who knows his own mind and sticks to it; who sees at once what, in given circumstances, is to be done, and does it. -- William Hazlitt (1778-1830) English Essayist
Back to top Go down
Arabella

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Thought Of The Day - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thought Of The Day   Thought Of The Day - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:49 pm

"There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment."
-- Norman Vincent Peale

"Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence. They're willing to spend more time accomplishing a task and to perservere in the face of many difficult odds. There's a very positive relationship between people's ability to accomplish any task and the time they're willing to spend on it." -- Dr. Joyce Brothers

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." -- Helen Keller

"If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams." -- Les Brown

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all." -- Dale Carnegie

"Every memorable act in the history of the world is a triumph of enthusiasm. Nothing great was ever achieved without it because it gives any challenge or any occupation, no mater how frightening or difficult, a new meaning. Without enthusiasm you are doomed to a life of mediocrity but with it you can accomplish miracles." -- Og Mandino

"Sometimes the knowledge you've been given in school or by an elder - 'this is just the way it is' - keeps you from accomplishing because it traps you in a box in your mind and limits your freedom to deliver." -- Yanni

"If you spend time getting ready to be perfect and do not start out to accomplish your dreams, you will find out later that you could have accomplished your dream if you had just acted." -- David DeNotaris

"Your ability to set goals and to make plans for their accomplishment is the master skill of success." -- Brian Tracy

"If you had to report on all your accomplishments for the week, would it make a difference?"
-- Catherine Pulsifer, from Busy but No Accomplishments
Back to top Go down

Thought Of The Day
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9